All Latest Health News
- PULS Testing Now Available July 26, 2019
What is this test?
The Protein Unstable Lesion Signature or PULS Cardiac Test.
How does the PULS Cardiac Test work?
- July 2019 – Concierge Medicine of Buckhead “Updates” July 26, 2019
Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) is very common in the general population. In fact, it is one of the top causes of death in adults over the age of 60 in our country. ... Continue Reading
- ED: The Real Talk June 13, 2019
It has been my experience that most men tend to shy away from regular doctor’s visits. Some subscribe to a common theme that is echoed all too often: “I feel fine, no need to go see the doctor.” Ironically, this sense of complacency often turns to urgency when something goes wrong. The most frequent “wrong” ... Continue Reading
- An Update on the Measles Outbreak in the US May 3, 2019
What are the newest guidelines for measles vaccinations?
- Adults with no evidence of immunity should get 1 dose of MMR. Immunity is defined as documented receipt of 1 dose, or 2 doses, 4 weeks apart if high risk, of live measles virus-containing vaccine, laboratory ... Continue Reading
- Smoothies: Nutrition That Goes Down Easy August 19, 2014
Freeze the fruit and boot up the blender—summer is the perfect time to develop a taste for smoothies. With the right ingredients, a day’s worth of vitamins and minerals can be packed into a remarkably healthy breakfast or working lunch. Smoothies can be ... Continue Reading
- Prescriptions: Take Exactly as Directed August 19, 2014
Look inside your medicine cabinet at your prescription bottles and ask: Have I read the label, stickered warnings and instructions? Have I discarded medications past their expiration dates? The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) reports that 80 percent of patients ... Continue Reading
- Calorie Counting: A Weigh In August 19, 2014
Conventional wisdom: a calorie is a calorie, and to lose weight, you must take in fewer calories than you expend.
Fast forward to today: all calories are not created equal. What makes up that calorie is more important than ... Continue Reading
- Eating Patterns and Good Health July 16, 2014
For generations, people have considered two distinctly different questions about eating habits: which diet is healthiest versus which diet results in the greatest weight loss. It has long been thought that the Mediterranean approach to eating is healthy, and ... Continue Reading
- Artificial Sweeteners vs. Sugar May 13, 2014
When you reach for the artificial sweetener, do you pick the pink, nab a yellow, prefer the blue or go green? The difference may be less important than you think.
Each of the sweeteners contains a different FDA-approved main ingredient. ... Continue Reading
- Stay Strong, Flexible and Balanced with Exercise May 13, 2014
Much of life is a balancing act…from learning to sit up as an infant through avoiding falls in the later years. Balance is the ability to distribute your weight in a way that enables you to remain ... Continue Reading