All Wellness News
- Pet Therapy: The Healing Power of Dogs April 1, 2020Continue Reading
Unleashed: The Healing Power of Dogs
“Who rescued whom?”
They’re already considered best friends, trusty companions and beloved members of the family. Now add to the dog’s list of accomplishments, heart healer, exercise coach, and mood enhancer, and the answer ...
- Alcohol: Not Gender-Neutral December 2, 2019Continue Reading
The Female Factor: Alcohol is Not Gender-aNeutral
Given the growing popularity of the cocktail culture and wine time, it’s important to know that alcohol affects women very differently than men – physiologically, psychologically and socially. It’s worth asking: For women, is the wine glass ...
- When Are the Best Years of Our Lives? November 26, 2019Continue Reading
Happiness Continuum: When Are the Best Years of Our Lives?
Is there a predetermined peak age for happiness, before which our normal outlook is gloomy and melancholy and after which we slump back into these non-euphoric ways?
Like trying to define why some people are ...
- October 30th, 2019: Complimentary Plant-Based Cooking Demo October 8, 2019Continue Reading
Join Us in October!
Our registered dietician nutritionist, Jerlyn Jones, will present a plant-based cooking demo at concierge medicine of Buckhead on:
Wednesday, October 30th
from 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Register to join and learn how to reap the many ...
- PULS Testing Now Available July 26, 2019Continue Reading
What is this test?
The Protein Unstable Lesion Signature or PULS Cardiac Test.
How does the PULS Cardiac Test work?
PULS Cardiac Test predicts Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS ), or the risk of having a heart attack within ...
- July 2019 – Concierge Medicine of Buckhead “Updates” July 26, 2019Continue Reading
Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) is very common in the general population. In fact, it is one of the top causes of death in adults over the age of 60 in our country. ...
- Fight Fatigue July 9, 2019Continue Reading
Wake-up Call: Fight Fatigue at Its Roots
Are these ordinary signs of aging? Exhausted throughout the day, joy in life slowly diminishing, active lifestyle becoming a distant memory. No, no and no. Feeling tired all the ...
- ED: The Real Talk June 13, 2019Continue Reading
It has been my experience that most men tend to shy away from regular doctor’s visits. Some subscribe to a common theme that is echoed all too often: “I feel fine, no need to go see the doctor.” Ironically, this sense of complacency often turns to urgency when something goes wrong. The most frequent “wrong” ...
- An Update on the Measles Outbreak in the US May 3, 2019
What are the newest guidelines for measles vaccinations?
- Adults with no evidence of immunity should get 1 dose of MMR. Immunity is defined as documented receipt of 1 dose, or 2 doses, 4 weeks apart if high risk, of live measles virus-containing vaccine, laboratory ...
- Why Today’s Health News Often Becomes Tomorrow’s Retractions January 11, 2019Continue Reading
Handle with Care: Why Today’s Health News Often Becomes Tomorrow’s Retractions
We’ve all seen it played out hundreds of times, as a drug, food or habit is trumpeted as the way to lower the risk of ...