All Healthy Aging News
- How Red Meat Went from Taboo to Acceptable and Back Again October 14, 2020Continue Reading
What’s the Beef With Red Meat?
It’s long been the case that provocative headlines, unexpected findings and misinformation travel far faster than conventional wisdom, especially in the internet age. Even respected medical journals like the Annals of Internal Medicine can become caught in ...
- When Are the Best Years of Our Lives? November 26, 2019Continue Reading
Happiness Continuum: When Are the Best Years of Our Lives?
Is there a predetermined peak age for happiness, before which our normal outlook is gloomy and melancholy and after which we slump back into these non-euphoric ways?
Like trying to define why some people ...
- October 30th, 2019: Complimentary Plant-Based Cooking Demo October 8, 2019
Join Us in October!
Our registered dietician nutritionist, Jerlyn Jones, will present a plant-based cooking demo at concierge medicine of Buckhead on:
Wednesday, October 30th
from 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- Kidney Stones: Treatment & Prevention September 4, 2019Continue Reading
This Too Shall Pass: Treating and Preventing Kidney Stones
More common, frequently less painful and far more preventable than reputed, kidney stones have, thankfully, entered a new era of highly effective, noninvasive procedures. We bring ...
- PULS Testing Now Available July 26, 2019Continue Reading
What is this test?
The Protein Unstable Lesion Signature or PULS Cardiac Test.
How does the PULS Cardiac Test work?
PULS Cardiac Test predicts Acute ...
- July 2019 – Concierge Medicine of Buckhead “Updates” July 26, 2019Continue Reading
Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) is very common in the general population. In fact, it is one of the top ...
- ED: The Real Talk June 13, 2019Continue Reading
It has been my experience that most men tend to shy away from regular doctor’s visits. Some subscribe to a common theme that is echoed all too often: “I feel fine, no need to go see the doctor.” Ironically, this sense of complacency often turns to urgency when something goes wrong. The most frequent “wrong” ...
- An Update on the Measles Outbreak in the US May 3, 2019
What are the newest guidelines for measles vaccinations?
- Adults with no evidence of immunity should get 1 dose of MMR. Immunity is defined as documented receipt of 1 dose, or 2 doses, 4 weeks apart if high risk, of live measles virus-containing vaccine, ...
- Spring Training April 2, 2019Continue Reading
Spring Training: Ramping Up after a Long, Sedentary Winter
Whether you went into hibernation as the result of a record cold winter season, or took time off from your usual exercise routine because of a ...
- Aging Well, Aging Healthy…a continuing series November 20, 2017Continue Reading
As almost 10,000 Baby Boomers officially become senior citizens each day, the focus on preventing and treating age-related ailments becomes distinctly more urgent. HealthWise presents an ongoing look at research that provides ...
- Kidney Stones: Treatment & Prevention September 4, 2019