All Wellness News
- PULS Testing Now Available July 26, 2019
What is this test?
The Protein Unstable Lesion Signature or PULS Cardiac Test.
How does the PULS Cardiac Test work?
- July 2019 – Concierge Medicine of Buckhead “Updates” July 26, 2019
Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) is very common in the general population. In fact, it is one of the top causes of death in adults over the age of 60 in our country. ... Continue Reading
- Fight Fatigue July 9, 2019
Wake-up Call: Fight Fatigue at Its Roots
Are these ordinary signs of aging? Exhausted throughout the day, joy in life slowly diminishing, active lifestyle becoming a distant memory. No, no and no. Feeling tired all the ... Continue Reading
- ED: The Real Talk June 13, 2019
It has been my experience that most men tend to shy away from regular doctor’s visits. Some subscribe to a common theme that is echoed all too often: “I feel fine, no need to go see the doctor.” Ironically, this sense of complacency often turns to urgency when something goes wrong. The most frequent “wrong” ... Continue Reading
- An Update on the Measles Outbreak in the US May 3, 2019
What are the newest guidelines for measles vaccinations?
- Adults with no evidence of immunity should get 1 dose of MMR. Immunity is defined as documented receipt of 1 dose, or 2 doses, 4 weeks apart if high risk, of live measles virus-containing vaccine, laboratory ... Continue Reading
- Why Today’s Health News Often Becomes Tomorrow’s Retractions January 11, 2019
Handle with Care: Why Today’s Health News Often Becomes Tomorrow’s Retractions
We’ve all seen it played out hundreds of times, as a drug, food or habit is trumpeted as the way to lower the risk of ... Continue Reading
- A Flu-Free Winter: Your Best Shot September 25, 2018
Take Your Best Shot for a Flu-Free Winter
Last year’s flu season was severe in most parts of the country and left many wondering why the flu vaccine hadn’t performed more effectively. However, it remains our ... Continue Reading
- Aging Well, Aging Healthy…a continuing series November 20, 2017
HealthWise presents an ongoing look at research that provides valuable insights to help today’s seniors – and the generations set to follow – create a vibrant next chapter. We have looked at strategies to keep the aging brain healthy and ... Continue Reading
- Stressed Out? A Guide to Signs, Symptoms November 20, 2017
“I think that you will all agree that we are living in most interesting times. I never remember myself a time in which our history was so full, in which day by day brought us new objects of ... Continue Reading
- The Connected Patient: Keeping Up with Apps March 14, 2017
The ubiquitous smart phone has boosted its useful- ness tenfold in the past decade with a mushrooming library of health and wellness apps. Some aim to help you monitor your condition day-to-day, understand and stay on track with medications, or diagnose your symptoms, ... Continue Reading